Thursday 15 October 2009

Read this if you have problems entering my blog

It has been brought to my attention that some users are unable to enter this blog without seeing some error message or other. I've tried to get to the bottom of this problem, and it all points to Internet Explorer as the culprit.

There are two choices; either you install Firefox, which, in my humble opinion, is a far better browser anyway, or you have to make sure that your system has all the latest updates. Read about it in Wiki or go to Microsoft Windows Update site.

In case you're wondering, there is no problem whatsoever with having two browsers; in fact, it can be rather useful. Some web sites work better with Internet Explorer, while others have been designed more for Firefox. These are the two most popular browsers at the moment. Google Chrome is trying to get a slice of the pie, but it still has some way to go. The only thing you need to concern yourself with is which you would prefer as your default browser.

Please email me if you have any further problems.

4 comments:

  1. It let me in this time.  I am so glad! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chiew

    I managed to get into your blog no problem.  I have a big problem with my blog as it has been "locked" by Blogger.  I failed to decipher the Captcha anti-spam letters on several occasions recently and so my blog has been flagged as spam by their bots.

    Blogger has asked me to wait patiently while their team investigate to check whether I am indeed human.  In the meantime, I am powerless to do anything and anybody who tries to access my blog gets "Error- Blog not found".

    Do you know if there is any way to contact a human at Blogger?

    Best wishes
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a right bummer, Janet. Real sorry to hear that. :'( It's probably next to impossible trying to speak to a human in Blogger, but you can try writing here: <span><span>bloggerguide@gmail.com</span></span>
    I'm not sure who the person behind the mask is, but he answers to the name of "ids", and he's a really helpful guy. Good luck and do let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.