Sunday 1 July 2012

Basic parts of a bicycle

It's been a long time since I created a tagging game, so it's about time I rectify that. Here's one on the basic parts of a bicycle. These are the answers. To play the game, click on the image.


  1. bell
  2. brake lever
  3. stem
  4. cable
  5. top tube
  6. brakes
  7. spoke
  8. fork
  9. valve
  10. flat tyre (puncture)
  11. front reflector
  12. down tube
  13. saddle (seat)
  14. seat post
  15. seat post clamp
  16. seat tube
  17. tyre
  18. chain
  19. crank arm
  20. pedal
  21. rear reflector
ELT CLIL EFL ESOL Bicycle parts game activity

If you need higher-resolution images, click on the following images.

ELT CLIL EFL ESOL Bicycle parts game activity
Image by C. Pang

ELT CLIL EFL ESOL Bicycle parts game activity
Image by C. Pang

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, Chiew!
    No I have no right to say I don't know what this or that part of bike is called! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect you made the game because you were pleased with the pictures you took! LOL!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, actually, I've been meaning to do it for a long time, but, today, when I woke up, I decided I'm going to get the bike out and see if I could get a decent picture! It had a puncture, to boot!
      Thanks for coming in!

      Delete
  3. I would replace 5: top tube (or "upper tube") and 12 down tube (or "lower tube") with one number called "frame". And an alternative spelling for "tyre" is "tire".

    Just an American's perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benjamin for your suggestions. I was going to put the US equivalents in brackets but, in the end, I didn't. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Quite useful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Carlos. Glad you find it useful.

      Delete
  5. Perhaps I should learn more about blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to know why you create this kind of blog
    Kawa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, to help students and teachers, of course!

      Delete
  7. I wouldn't list so many parts of a bicycle even in my mother tongue :-) Though, your picture (kind of visual dictionary) will be useful for my classes with children.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.